Watch a Video
Add a Trust Withdrawal Transaction
There are a few areas in which you can add a trust withdrawal:
- From the main matters page – When looking at your list of matters, you will see several icons on the right, one of which is for trust withdrawal (last icon)
- From matter details – When viewing the details of a matter, click on the banking tab, and in the toolbar, you will see Trust Transactions. Click and choose Withdrawal
- From the bank ledger– Under Accounting > Banks you will find your list of bank accounts. When viewing a trust banks’ details, click on the transactions tab. Here you can add a withdrawal
Entering Withdrawal Details
Once the Trust Withdrawal Screen Opens:
- From the Date field’s drop-down, click the trust withdrawal date.
- In the Amount field, enter the trust deposit amount.
- From the Type field’s drop-down, click the withdrawal type. If check was chosen, you will see a Check# field to your right. If selected, a check will be available to print once this transaction is saved. If you have already written a check or plan to write it, ensure this option is unchecked and type in the check number.
- In the Ref # field, enter a reference number, if desired.
- From the Method field’s drop-down, select the withdrawal method.
- In the Pay to field, enter who is receiving this amount.
- Complete the address fields, if desired.
- From the Bank field’s drop-down, select the trust bank from which you are withdrawing the funds. If you have multiple trust accounts, this list will only include those assigned to this matter.
- Complete the memo field either by typing or choosing from the drop-down. This memo will display on a check if printed.
- In the Memo2 field, enter the information you want to record for internal recordkeeping only. This memo will appear on the stub of your check, if printed.
- In the Account field, confirm the pre-populated selection or use the drop down to click a different account. We provide two trust liability accounts: Client Trust Funds and Client General Retainer (Trust). While not necessary, you can use these accounts to differentiate between settlement funds and retainer funds. You can default the appropriate account on the firm and matter level.
- In the lower-left corner, check the Remember Payee box if you would like to add this payee to your address book. If you do not wish to remember, leave the box unchecked.
- Take the appropriate action:
- Click Cancel to exit the screen without saving the transaction.
- Click Save and New to save this trust transaction and enter another withdrawal.
- Click Save to save this trust transaction and return to the Transactions screen.
If you clicked Save or Save and New, the system adds the trust transaction and associates it with its designated matter.
If you marked this as a check to be printed, it has been added to your check print queue. you can choose to print this check now, or later on.