Watch a Video
Add Contacts and Clients
Add from Contact Tab
The Contact Tab is the main location you can use to add any types of contacts. Here you can add/edit the name, address, contact info, and any internal notes. If this contact is a client, the information you add here is what will display on your invoice in the “Bill To” section.
- Go to the Contacts Tab
- Click the appropriate tab on the right (Client or Address Book)
- Click Add to open the contact card.
- You will see three tabs on the contact card – Values, Custom Field and Setup. The value tab will be the first to appear in front of you.
- If you are adding a contact from the Client tab, the Type field will default to Client. However, if you are adding from the Address Book tab, you will have to select the contact type from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the name. If this contact is a business, enter into the name field the person who will be the contact that will receive invoices and other transmissions from the software. Then enter the company name in the Entity field.
- Fill out all necessary information.
- If you want to add additional parties to a contact card, scroll down to the Add More Parties button and click. For more on this process to add additional parties, scroll down in this article to the section that covers that tool.
- To add Custom Field info, save the contact.
- Under the Setup tab, you can choose from different mailing addresses for a client to print on an invoice for mailing purposes.
- Also under the Setup tab, you can designate additional parties associated to a client to receive invoices emailed directly from the software. For more on this process to add additional parties, scroll down in this article to the section that covers that tool.
- Click Save
Add Client from Matters Screen
You can also add/edit clients as you are adding or editing your Matters.
To add a client from the Matters Tab:
- Go to the Matters Tab
- Click Add to add a new matter
- Type in the client’s name in the Client field
- Click the Add Client button to add any other contact information you need for this client
When done with entering information for the new matter, click Save and the client name will automatically be saved under the contacts section.
Edit Contacts and Clients
From the Contact Tab
- Go to the Contacts Tab
- Select the appropriate contact type tab – Clients, Payee, Address Book
- Find the contact (you can use the Search Filter on the right)
- Single-click on the contact
- Click Edit
Edit Client From the Matters Tab
If the client already exists in your program, just typing the name will change button to the right to Edit Client. You can then edit the information currently stored for that client.
Adding Multiple Party Contact Info to a Client
Each client can have multiple methods/parties of contact listed in their contact window.
- Start at the Contact page.
- Click the appropriate tab (Client, Payee, or Address Book)
- Click Add for a new client, or Edit for an existing one. The primary party info is the client’s information. This is what will be used when addressing your invoice. *
- Click “add more parties” to add another party’s information*
- You can then add contact information for Secondary, Home, Work, Shipping, related contacts, etc
- Click Save when complete
Using Contact Types
You can use your Address book to manage contacts other than Clients and Payees. You can organize these contacts using your preferred contact types. To learn how to add and edit other contact types, click here.