Before You Get Started
You’ll have to export your files in the right format. Take a look to see accepted files and tips on how to export them.
1. Export File
Easy-HUD: When saving your HUD file, it will be saved as a .hud or .ref file.
Easy-CDF: Instead of importing your entire file, with this program, you need to specifically export the ledger, which will then be saved as a .xml file. To do so, when in your ledger within Easy CDF, click the “Export” button to properly export your ledger. The export button is located on the upper left side, below the word “Ledger”. If your ledger was not saved this way, you will receive an error message when importing into CosmoLex.
2. Locate File
- Locate your HUD file and place it somewhere easy to find (i.e. documents folder or desktop)
3. In CosmoLex
- Be sure that the related matter is already added into CosmoLex, and linked to a Trust bank
How to Import File
Once both of those steps are complete, within CosmoLex, do the following.
1. From the Matters tab, select the desired matter and click Details or simply double-click the matter
2. Click on Banking
3. From the Transactions tab, click Action then select “Import Closing Ledger.”
4. On the pop-up screen, click Choose File
5. Find and select your HUD file, then click Open
6. When ready, click Upload. Next, in the “Import Closing Ledger” screen, you will see a list of all transactions ready to be imported.
7. Click the icon to edit transactions if needed, and review the transactions summary on the right. As in a bank reconciliation, the difference should be “0.”
8. When ready, click Complete Import. A message will inform you that the import has been completed, click OK.
All set! Your closing ledger is now imported. You will be taken back to the matter’s Transactions tab where you will see all imported transactions.