CosmoLex comes built-in with a number of different invoice templates. This article outlines the steps you will have to take to edit any of the templates in the system. If you need further assistance, please call support (US: 732-595-9015; Canada: 365-804-0050), or submit a support ticket via email.
View Invoice Templates
- From the navigation panel, click Setup.
- From the Setup gray left navigation, click Firm Settings.
- From the tabs atop the Firm Settings screen, select Invoice Settings.
You will have the option to customize:
Cover Page: A page that will precede the invoice
Hourly: Template for your hourly billed matters
Fixed Fee: Template for your fixed fee billed matters
Contingency: Template for your contingency billed matters
Header: Information that will appear on the top of all pages of the invoice
Footer: Information that will appear on the bottom of all pages of the invoice
Edit Invoice Templates
- From the drop-down, select the invoice template that you wish to edit.
- Once you have selected the template, click Edit/preview.
- A message will then populate stating “Changes must be made carefully and saved using the toolbar.”
Click OK to continue.
- You will be taken to the Edit Invoice screen.
- Once inside the template, you can use the gray toolbar at the top to make certain changes, delete certain items, or change the words.
- When done editing the template, click Save on the upper left-hand side of the screen.
- If you find any errors, you can click Restore to the right of the template to revert to the original format. All changes will be erased.
- In the edit invoice template, click Upload in the gray bar.
- After you choose a file, you can crop the image on the page.