If a client requests a different style for their invoice template, you can create a customized template to accommodate their need.
Create the Template
To create a matter-specific invoice template:
- Click Setup.
- From the Setup screen left navigation, click Firm Settings.
- From the tabs atop the Firm Settings screen, click Invoice Settings.
- Determine which invoice template you want to customize.
- Customize the invoice template.
Assign it to the Matter
To associate the custom template with the matter:
- From Matters, click Add. If you’ve already created the matter, single-click to highlight it and click Edit.
The Add Matter or Edit Matter screen opens, as applicable.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Toward the bottom left of the Advanced Settings section, in the Options section, check the box to Customize invoice formats for just this matter.
- From the drop-down that displays to the field’s right, select the invoice template you created during the customization process.
- In the upper right corner, click Save.