You can use CosmoLexPay (U.S.) to process ACH/eCheck payments. With this integration, your client can also submit their payment using the link within their invoice or from within the client portal, if this invoice has been shared.
In-office ACH/eCheck payments are processed for one matter at a time through Matter Details.
To process an ACH/eCheck payment:
- From the left navigation panel, click Matters.
- On the Matters screen, double-click the matter, or single-click it, then from the toolbar, click Details.
- From the Matters Details left navigation, click Billing.
- From the tabs atop the Billing screen, click Invoice.
- On the Invoice screen, click the invoice to highlight it. If you have trouble locating it, use the Filter panel.
- From the toolbar atop the screen, click Invoice Payment Using > Integrated Payments.
The Invoice Payment Using Integrated Payments screen opens.
- In the Funds Received From section, confirm the Payor listed.
- The Date field will automatically populate with today’s date.
- In the Amount field, enter the payment amount.
- In the Funds Deposited To section, only those operating banks linked with a merchant account will display.
- If you have multiple unpaid invoices here, and would like to spread the full amount of the payment across invoices, In the Funds Applied To section, to the far right of the invoice, click the edit pencil icon.
- On the Edit Applied Amount screen, in the Applied Amount field, enter the portion of the payment you want to apply to the invoice.
- Click Save.
The Funds Applied To section checks the box beside the invoice and populates the Applied Credit field.
- Repeat steps 11 – 13 for the remaining invoices to which you want to apply payment.
- Confirm all invoice boxes remain checked.
In the Summary section, the Payment Received field matches the Amount field in the Funds Received From section. The Applied Amount field displays the portion of the payment applied to the invoices.
- In the upper right corner, click Enter Payment.
- On the Integrated Payments screen, select the radio button for Bank Account.
- Beneath that, in the Routing Number field, enter the bank account routing number with no dashes or spaces.
- In the Account Number field, enter the bank account number with no dashes or spaces.
- Select whether this is a Checking or Savings account.
- Select whether this is a Personal or Business account.
- If you would like to securely save this bank account’s information for future payments, check off the box to the left of “Save for future use”
- Confirm the Billing Info Section’s information is accurate.
- Click Review at the bottom right.
- The Review Payments screen opens. Confirm that the details entered by you are correct.
- Click Charge. If you wish to make changes, click Cancel.
Without Integrated Payments
If you wish to record an invoice payment and are not using our integrations, follow the Record an Invoice Payment process and use Method EFT/echeck as the type, and select the appropriate method.