Data Migration requires careful coordination as migration needs and data differ from firm to firm.
You have two options for migrating your firm’s data: Do-It-Yourself or Turn-Key. To understand what needs to happen and when, see How the Data Migration Process Works. You can also contact support to discuss the DIY or Turn-Key service in greater detail.
Watch a Video
This 60-minute training video demonstrates how to migrate your data. Feel free to watch the chapters in order, or in the bottom right of the video, click the Open chapters icon (to the right of the gear icon) to watch them in your preferred order.
|Data Migration Timeline||
|Tour of Non-Financial Data (NFD) Import Template|
|Importing Non-Financial Data (NFD)||
|Tour of Financial Data (FD) Import Template|
|Importing Financial Data (FD)||
These migration guides include written instructions and the import template files required to complete your own data migration:
- Non-Financial Data (NFD) Migration Guide
- NFD Import Template (you may need to clear your browser’s cache)
- Financial Data (FD) Migration Guide
- FD Import Template (you may need to clear your browser’s cache)
Small or New Firms
As a small or new firm with a small data set, you may not want to go through the formal import process.
To migrate your data:
- Review our support portal articles to learn how to enter matters, contacts, and other information. For additional information, see Billing Workflow.
- Complete the Manual Migration of Accounts Receivable Balances.
- Complete the Manual Migration of Trust Ledger Balances.