The Client Portal provides a secure channel through which to communicate with clients regarding their matters.
Users must have portal access Allowed under Matter Details to view and send messages regarding a matter that has the Client Portal turned on. To restrict or allow user message access, see Restrict Users from Viewing Client Portal Notifications and Messages.
Set Up Client Chat
To set up client chat:
- From the left navigation panel, click Setup.
The Setup screen opens, displaying a gray left navigation panel.
- From the Setup left navigation, click Firm Settings.
The Firm Settings screen opens, displaying a series of tabs atop the screen.
- Click Firm Preferences.
The Firm Preferences screen opens.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- To the far right of the Client Portal section, click the gray OFF switch.
The Client Portal switch turns green and ON, activating chat at the firm level.
- From the left navigation panel, click Matters.
The Matters screen opens, displaying a toolbar atop the screen.
- Either double-click the matter, or single-click it to highlight it, and then from the toolbar, click Details.
The Matters Details screen opens, displaying a left navigation panel.
- From the Matters Details navigation, click Client Portal.
The Client Portal screen opens.
- In the upper right corner, click the gray OFF switch.
- The Client Portal switch turns green and ON, activating chat at the matter level.
Use Client Chat
In the upper right of the client portal, click the message icon to view new messages:
To send a message, enter it in the message box and click Send.