The task feature in CosmoLex allows you to add, edit and delegate tasks to others within your firm.
Watch a Video
- Click Activities.
- Select the Task Tab.
- Click Add.
- Enter the name of the task.
- Mark the task as private if you do not wish for this task to be viewed by others.
- If you would like to link this task to a matter, select the client/ matter name.
- “Share via Client Portal – Check this to share the task with a client.
- Choose the billing status of the task (Billable, Non billable, No Charge, Billed).
- Choose a start and due date for the task.
- Put a priority status of the task if necessary.
- Send email reminders to users. NOTE: Only the Primary Assignee will receive these email reminders.
- Assign Primary Assignee (the person inside your office ultimately responsible for seeing that the task is completed). It will default to the user entering the task but a drop-down menu will be available listing other users to assign the role to.
- Add Additional Assignee (others inside the office that will work with the Primary Assignee to complete the task). Primary Assignee and any Additional Assignees will have these tasks show up on their task calendar.
- Add a Custom Label if you choose.
- Add a Description if necessary.
- Click Save.
You will only see the Primary Assignee listed on the Task screen. However, with the search feature on the right side of the screen, you can search both primary and additional assignees listed on tasks.
Editing a Task
Set a Task’s Priority, Completion Status, and Color
Set a Task’s Completion Status
In the “Edit Task” screen, under “Task Options”, set the status of the task to one of the following options:
- Not Started
- In Progress (if using this option, the user can enter the percentage completed
Set a Task Color
Assign a Task to Another User