You have generated and delivered your invoices, and now it’s time for collection! CosmoLex allows you to send Invoice Reminders easily to clients that are overdue for payment. Read on to learn more.
Watch a Video
From Individual Matter
1. From the Matters tab, select desired matter and click Details, or double-click matter
2. Click on Billing Section, then click Invoice Tab
3. Click Email and select Invoice Reminder(s)
From the Matter Tab
From the Activities Tab
1. Click Activities tab, the click Invoices
How to Send Reminders
- Reminder Letter Date – The body of the email we provide includes a field for this date. This would be the date you want to receive payment by. By default, it is one week from the date you are sending the notice.
- Invoices overdue since – The default here is 30 days past the due date, you can change to 60 or 9- days and once you click “Show/Update Invoices” the list will repopulate.
- Payment to be received by date – This date will appear on the invoice as the date you wish to receive payment by
- Only Balance Amounts higher than – You may only want to send a notification for amounts higher than $100 (for example) If that is the case, enter that amount here. Those with overdue balances less than that will not show up on the list
The columns shown here give the following information
- Client and Matter names – Note that a client and their matter may be listed more than once if they have more than one overdue invoice. They will receive one reminder with the combined overdue amount and two invoices attached. If you have a client with two separate matters, they will receive two separate emails.
- Overdue Balance – This is the balance in the invoice which is currently overdue
- Due Date – This is the original due date for invoice
- Client Email – this is pulled from the client’s contact info. If this field is blank, you can type in the email address and it will then add it to the contact info automatically. You can also edit the current email by clicking on the pencil icon and making your changes. This will also be reflected in the contact info section.
3. Click Email to continue to email the reminders
4. Review the email template. You can change the default reminder template in your settings.
- Subject: You can edit this field if needed
- Email Body: This is the body provided in the Email Templates section of your firm settings (Setup > Firm Settings > Email Templates > Invoice Reminders) If you have access to this setup section, you can update the default message. Otherwise, you can edit this particular email message here. Note that the fields listed in this body (Ex: [#clientcontact#]) will populate with each clients information, therefore creating a customized letter for each client with their own invoice attached. It is important to maintain these fields in the body so that client information populates properly.
- Matter and Invoice Count: This is a bulk emailing tool, so this function lets you know how many matters and invoices will be sent. An email is sent per matter.
5. When ready, Click Send. The firm’s email address will also receive a copy of the email(s).