The account register allows you to view, add, and edit individual transactions associated with some GL accounts that display on the Accounting > Chart of Accounts (COA) screen.
Viewing an Account Register
To view an account register:
- From the left navigation panel, click Accounting.
- From the Accounting left navigation, click Chart of Accounts.
- To the far right of the account that you want to view, click the orange Details arrow icon.
The account’s details screen opens, displaying all transactions in the register for that account.
Add a Register Entry
You have the ability to make register entries to the GL account.
To make a register entry:
- Click on Add
- In Add Register Entry screen enter a Ref#, select an Account, and then enter the debit or credit amount.
Edit an Account Register Transaction
To edit a transaction from the Register view:
- Either double-click the transaction, or single-click it to highlight it, and then from the toolbar, click Edit.
The Edit Operating Transaction screen opens.
- Make your edits.
- In the lower right corner, click Save.
The system updates the transaction and the register.
Exporting Data from an Account Register
From the top navigation panel click Export. The export window opens, displaying your export options.