You can import most banks’ OFX and QBO files without issue, but for some you may receive the error OFX Security unsupported. A security setting within the file causes this issue.
Fix the OFX Security Unsupported Error
To fix the error:
- If your file is in OFX format, right click on it and rename the extension to QBO.
- Right click on your QBO file.
- In the drop-down menu, click Open with.
- Click Notepad.
- Click OK.
- Toward the upper left corner, usually the fourth line from the top, find the line that reads SECURITY: TYPE1.
- Overwrite TYPE 1 with NONE so the field reads SECURITY: NONE.
- From the menu bar, click File > Save As.
- Rename the file so you can identify it.
- Choose your preferred storage location.
- Click Save.
- Import your file into CosmoLex.