This Profit and Loss report will show your firm’s Income vs Expenses by classes assigned to Area of Law items.
To Access Report
1. Click Reports Tab
2. Click Class-Based Reports
3. Click P&L By Area of Law Class
Parameters you can use to generate this report:
- Date Range: Select the date range you would like to see the report for. You can select from the drop down menu, or select a custom date range
- Accounting: Select whether you would like to see the report by Cash or Accrual Basis Accounting
- Class: You may select all classes, or select one or more classes to view on the report. To select multiple classes, click the list of classes and select the first desired class, then click again and continue until you have select all desired classes.
Report Printing Options
To view report in CosmoLex, click View. If more than 5 classes (or “All Classes” is selected), you will only have the option to download to Excel.
To Download report, select the format you would like to print – Excel or PDF – and click Download. After report is downloaded, you will be able to print from your computer.
See the first page of a sample P&L by Matter Owner Class report: