You can import your contacts to save time and effort.
Import Your Contacts
To import your contacts:
- Download the Contact Data Import Spreadsheet to your preferred location. For a smooth import process, do not change the file name or format.
- Open the spreadsheet.
- At the bottom of the spreadsheet, click Data Entry Instructions.
- On the Data Entry Instructions tab, read the instructions.
- Click Contacts Data.
- On the Contacts Data tab, in the upper left corner, click inside cell A2.
- Click on the Contact Type field’s drop-down and select the contact type. If the contact type does not equal client, you can leave this field blank.
- Enter your contacts’ information in the remaining fields.
- In the upper left corner, click Save.
- Close the spreadsheet.
- In CosmoLex, in the upper right corner of the screen, click the plus sign icon.
- At the bottom of the drop-down, click Other > Import Data.
The Import CosmoLex Data screen opens, displaying a message: Please select your operation
- Click the radio button for Import Clients/Contacts Custom Fields.
The screen displays a browser: Select the file you want to import
- Click Choose File.
- On the browser window, locate the spreadsheet and double-click it.
The file name populates the Choose File field.
- In the bottom right corner, click Upload.
The screen refreshes, displaying your contact data.
- In the bottom right corner, click Continue.
- If there are issues with the data, in the center of the top of the screen, the Total Errors, Total Warnings and Total Auto-Fix fields display tallies.
|Total Errors||Items that need to be addressed and fixed prior to export|
|Total Warnings||Issues that the import identified and can correct for you|
|Total Auto-Fixes||Items the system already fixed|
- Click the colored triangle to the left of any field for information regarding how to address the warning, then apply the fix. If you are unable to fix an error at this time, uncheck the box beside the client’s name to remove them from the import.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click Complete Import.
A message box displays: Are you sure you want to complete the import?
- Click Yes.
A message displays: Import data has been completed successfully.
- In the lower right corner, click Close.
CosmoLex refreshes, returning you to the Dashboard.
- From the left navigation panel, click Contacts.
- On the Contacts screen, review your contacts to confirm the import’s success.