Release Date: Friday, June 14, 2019.
User-defined Expense Import
You may have other software applications (Copitrak, Papercut, etc) which track printing, copies, disbursements etc. In order to efficiently and accurately include those entries in your billing, CosmoLex now has a routine soft cost import function. Even better, users can create a custom import definition where they can define the format and structure to match their import file.
Multiple Assignees to Tasks – CosmoLex now supports associating multiple assignees with a given Task. A new field called, ‘Additional Assignee’ has been added in the task screen where multiple users can be selected. The task grid ‘assignee’ filter has been modified to support searching for multiple users.
Additional Information on Check Stubs – Check stub now also prints the bank name at the top of the stub for better identification. This is available in all check formats containing at least one stub.
Document Integration Re-authentication Tool – Re-authentication of external application is now simplified. CosmoLex now detects if re-authentication is needed and displays a link to execute it under Setup=>App section.
Client Auto-Numbering Improvements – Auto-numbering sequence is now only applied to contacts labeled as ‘Client.’ This ensures that there are no Gaps in Client sequence when a new matter is created.
Invoice Finalized Upon Emailing – CosmoLex will now detect and automatically mark all invoices as ‘finalized’ when sending invoice email.
Default Setting for Email Subject – New settings called, ‘Email Subject’ has been added under Setup=>Firm Settings=>Invoice Settings. Users can now configure default Email Subject for the ‘Invoice Email’ operation. Invoice Email operation will initialize the subject from these settings. By default, the subject line would be displayed as ‘Invoice From [#FirmName#].’ [#FirmName#] is the only variable supported in the subject line.
Export Improvements – User can now export up to 50 pages as .PDF, and 150 for .CSV.
Non-billable term used – All references of the word ‘unbillable’ is now changed to ‘non-billable,’ which is a more common term in the industry. This affects all screens, reports, etc.
LEDES Codes update – LEDES Code for E-billing has been updated to include newly added standard codes.
Bug Fixes to Existing Features:
- Adding New User– Bug: Receiving error “LOGIN ID already exists” while adding a new user. This has been fixed.
- Casemaker – Bug: A limited number of US states appear when creating a Casemaker account within CosmoLex. This has been fixed.
- Invoices – Bug: Issue with Invoice printing. This has been fixed.
- Chart of Accounts – Bug: Balance issue with COA 4000. This has been fixed.
- Billed Fee Allocation Report – Bug: Value issue for an allocated fee. This has been fixed.
- Collected Fee Allocation Report – Bug: Timeout error when generating the report. This has been fixed.
- Calendar Integration – Bug: Outlook Calendar sync issue. This has been fixed.