Release Date: Thursday, Feb. 21st, 2019
We are very excited to announce our 5.9.0 release!
Big new features you can enjoy right now!
Invoice Finance Charge Calculation
Matters can now be configured to let the system calculate Finance Charge on Invoices (if applicable). This can be enabled by selecting a newly added option called ‘Calculate & Apply Finance Charges’’ under Advanced Settings=>Billing Info=>Options in the Edit Matter screen. Firms can configure Finance Charge parameters on a global level under Setup=>Financial=>Finance Charge Settings. If configured, these settings will be used as the default for all new matters.Calculation parameters can be overridden for a given matter, if required, during the matter creation process. Once Finance Charge is enabled on a Matter, the new invoice creation process will automatically calculate the finance charge on the invoice. To keep things more flexible, the user can manually override the calculated finance charge if required by clicking the lock icon.
Invoice Email To Multiple Recipients
Each Matter can be configured to select up to 5 recipients when sending invoice emails. The following are 5 target recipients which can be configured:
- Client Primary Email Address (always required and is default)
- Firm’s Email Address (configured under Setup=>Firm Settings=>Firm Information)
- One additional Client Party other than the Primary
- One additional recipient (raw email address)
- One additional Contact Primary Email Address
A copy to the Firm Email Address can be configured under Setup=>Firm Settings=>Invoice Settings=>Invoice Email Settings. This is a global flag and is NOT controlled on a per matter basis. Additional Client Party and additional raw email address can also be set under Contacts=>Client=>Edit=>Setup. These settings are then used as a default when creating matters.
Invoice History and Drill Down
Before this release, there was no direct way of knowing if an email has been sent for a given invoice. The system now keeps track of all the emails sent for a given invoice, either being an invoice reminder or an invoice email. Once email for a given invoice is sent, the user will see a mail icon in the invoice grid for quick identification. The invoice pop-up has been reorganized to show two tabs:
- ‘Details’ tab shows Allocations, Applied Payment and existing information
- ‘Email History’ tab shows related reminder and invoice emails sent for a given invoice. The user can click on the email detail to view the corresponding email and view/download the attachment
A new tab as been added in the Contacts/Client screen called ‘Setup’. Default matter settings can be supplied here which will be used when creating new matters for the respective clients. In this release, one can configure Invoice Printing Billing Address and Email Preferences. We will be bringing more matter specific settings to the client level in future releases.
Minor enhancements and fixes that make for a better every-day experience.
• New Custom Field ‘Link’ has been added. This will allow users to define external links to be stored within Matter or Contacts.
• Ability to define custom labels for Contact Party Type. For example, you may want to see ‘Boston Office’ rather than showing ‘Primary’ party for a given client. Once set this will be shown as the corresponding labels in the application. This is available next to the ‘Party Type’ dropdown in the Contacts/Client screen.
• The user can now select a particular Client Party to use to print address information for invoice printing. This can be configured under Matters. A quick preview of the address will also be shown to confirm the address validity.
• Client Portal Matter selection dropdown now allows the user to type-in the matter name to locate the matter quickly. This enhances the usability in case a large number of matters need to be managed for a given client.
• A new search filter Memo 2 has been added for Transactions.
Subscription Price Change: Effective March 31st 2019, the CosmoLex subscription price is $69/user/month for Annual Billing & $79/user/month for Monthly Billing. This modest increase is only our second since 2013. During this time, CosmoLex has added dozens of new product features and client services — always at no additional cost. And we are making significant additional investments to deliver innovative features and services at an even faster pace.
Outside of our core product, some of our most popular benefits available to you at no additional cost are: Live Chat Technical Support (M-F 9AM to 9PM Eastern) and Free LawPay accounts (we cover the LawPay monthly fee of $20/month for active accounts). You may now also take advantage of a free External Bookkeeper or Accountant CosmoLex Login Account (a $69/month value). This lets your bookkeeper or accountant work on your books remotely — another way to reduce practice costs. We also offer a free 1:1 training program for your staff as well as for your accountant or bookkeeper.
We remain focused on providing more value for our customers by adding new features and services like these to CosmoLex on a regular basis. We are extremely thankful for your business. Please call us to discuss any questions.