Release Date: Thursday, November 1st, 2018
And we have another release! 5.7.0 brings even more new features and enhancements to improve daily functions for our users’. Users can now copy matters and workflows, rename the existing root Matter Folder name, and have complete control over change notifications for calendar events, as well as a few other added enhancements. Take a look to see what’s new!
Big new features you can enjoy right now!
The new ‘copy’ functionality is now available for Matters and Work Flow. Existing matters or workflows can now be copied to create new ones with a single click. This will greatly enhance usability for firms who are using matter settings based on matter type. For example, if one is using different Fee Allocation Chart Of Account for each Area Of Law or using a customized Timekeeper rate, copy functionality can be used to create the new matters faster with fewer chances of having matter setting issues.
Matter Folder Rename
Document storage functions now allow the user to rename the existing root Matter Folder name. We have segregated the Matter Folder Name field with the Client and Matter Name to provide maximum flexibility when creating new matters.
Calendar Event Notifications
Users now have complete control of change notifications in case of any Calendar Event Update or Cancellation. The application will now popup a confirmation screen to let the user decide if they wish to Send or Do Not Send the notification. The user can also write a custom message which will be delivered in the Update/Cancellation email notification. This option will only show up if there are one or more attendees to the event. This is similar functionality to that offered by Google and Outlook Calendars.
Minor enhancements and fixes that make for a better every-day experience.
- User calendar selection under Activity=>Calendar is now saved as part of user preference. No more checking checkboxes for the desired user calendars after each application refresh. The selection will be remembered from one user session to the next.
- User Calendar Color is now customizable. Hover over the User list and click on the dotted stack to change the color. Your preference of the color will now be remembered by the application.
- When Creating a new User under Accounts=>User, a default calendar color can now be assigned to the user.
- Account Receivable Summary and Detail report are now combined into one report with an option to either generate Summary or Detail. This is changed to make it consistent with other reports. We also added a new option to calculate invoice aging based either on ‘Due Date’ or ‘Invoice Date’.
- Timekeeper Time Report has a new option to filter by Client. This will help Firms to generate this report for a specific Client with one or more Matters.