Release Date: Monday, August 13th, 2018
Another big release has hit the CosmoLex offices! 5.6.0 brings new features and enhancements designed to improve our users’ daily experience. We’ve expanded document assembly, completed The Conveyancer® Data Import tool, and added a few small enhancements that will have a big impact. Take a look to see what’s new!
Big new features you can enjoy right now!
The Conveyancer® Import (Canada)
Our Canadian customers can now take advantage of end-to-end Conveyancer® Data Import/Export tools. Phase 2 is now completed, making the process to import your expenses seamless. Learn more about How to Integrate CosmoLex with The Conveyancer®
Expense List Items
Our default expense list has been completely revamped to provide more useful options for expenses. While our default expense items are customizable, we strive to provide you the best out-of-the box experience possible. This will be available automatically for new CosmoLex Accounts!
Already have an account? No worries, below is the new Expense List for your reference. If you see anything you’d like to add to your current list, simply follow these steps:
1. Click on the Setup Tab
2. Click List Items
3. Under the Expenses Tab, click Add
That’s it! Add any new expense items you’d like to have as a default.
|Certified Cheque Fee||ccf|
|Courier Fee||cr||Courier Fee/Lawyer’s Service|
|Client Disbursements Other||dib|
|Estoppel Certificate||ec||Condominium EC|
|File Storage Fees||fsf|
|Land Titles Taxes||lan|
|Real Estate Commission||rec|
|Regsitration Fees||rf||Regsitration Fees/Survivorship/Deed/Disharge|
|Search Fees Other||sfe|
|Binder||bin||Corporate Law for Minute Book|
|Credit Card Expense||cce|
|Computer Repairs & Maint||crm|
|Discovery||dic||Fee to Order Discovery|
|Litigation Support Vendors||lit|
|Returned Check Charge||nsf|
|Travel Gas & Mileage||trv|
Document Assembly: Transaction and Invoice Documents
Meet the new members in the Document Assembly Family: Transaction and Invoice documents! This is the next step in our big plans for our Document Assembly features.
What can you do with Transaction Documents? Think receipts for transactions (trust retainers, invoice payments, etc.), custom check formats, deposit slips – and any other transaction-related document you need.
What can you do with Invoice Documents? Think custom cover pages, invoice reminders, collections documents – and any other invoice-related document you need.
Your imagination is the limit!
The mechanics of producing the document is identical to Matter and Contact Documents. Now, you’ll be able to generate transaction documents (like a receipt) from the transaction section within the matter or within the Accounting Tab. Invoice Documents can be generated from the invoice section within the matter or within the Activities Tab. Just look for the Action button on the top menu in any of these locations.
Here’s an example of generating a receipt or transaction document for a trust retainer. While this example shows is for a trust retainer, you may also generate receipts for Invoice Payments and other transactions. Simply select the appropriate account type (trust or operating), and the correct transaction and follow the same steps in the example.
Go ahead and try it yourself!
We have provided sample documents to showcase available fields, but you can access the full merge database for both document types – and upload your own document templates – under Setup > Document Assembly > Then click on Transaction or Invoice.
To learn more – learn how to Set Up and Use Document Assembly
Minor enhancements and fixes that make for a better every-day experience.
- We’ve made it easier to see your data by making all major grid columns re-sizable. The vertical line next to the column can now be dragged to the left or right to get the desired column width.
- Now, when saving an edit in the Timesheet rows, a waiting indicator will show to provide user feedback. This is a minor change, but it provides for a better user experience for you.
- Relations: recently added ‘relation notes’ can now be edited right on the grid. These notes are also now part of the Conflict Search Results – expanding the effectiveness of relation searches!
Customer Feature Requests
New releases inspired by direct feedback from our customers.
- The associated client on a matter can now be changed when editing the matter, at any time. This was originally not an allowed action in order to promote security, but this feature has been requested by many of our customers and we’ve heard your feedback! No more deleting and re-creating matters when you need to change the associated client to an existing matter.