Release Date: Monday, July 30th, 2018
Enhancements made to our data import functionality
- We’ve added a new import option called Matter Trust Bank. This gives the user the ability to import multiple Trust Banks for a given matter. This option should be used only when the imported matter has more than one trust bank. The Matter Import will still be used for cases when Matters have only one Trust Bank.
- CosmoLex standard Excel file, which is used for the purpose of Data Migration, has been cleaned up top to bottom to make it more readable. Column names are simplified and nomenclature is standardized thought the file. Data import will now only work with the updated excel file, which can be downloaded from the support site.
Minor Enhancements and fixes that make for a better every-day experience.
- When you click on the Global Timer, you now have a ‘More’ button that shows you the TimeCard for the active timer, making navigation more simple.
- Trust Ledger Transaction Report is re-organized to make it more readable, as requested by many customers. This report now appears in Portrait mode and contents are adjusted accordingly
- The ‘Unbilled Amount’ on the Balances view in the Firm Dashboard has been updated to include an additional level of information. Now, when you click on the ‘Unbilled Amount’ bar you’ll see a list of matters that and their amounts, and you’ll be able to click on each of those amounts to see whether they include Time/Expense cards. If no Time/Expense cards help make up that unbilled amount, you can assume the amount is a fixed or contingency fee.
- The Trust Check Printing screen now shows a friendly message on the grid if there are no checks to print for the selected bank to avoid any confusion.
- The Write-Off Journal and Invoice Journal Report now have an additional filter for ‘Matter Owner’ like other similar reports, to filter data by corresponding Matter Owner.
- Recurring AP bills have an additional frequency to choose from. The new options are the following:
- Biweekly (Every 2 weeks)
- The Billing Portal has been added to the Account tab -> Accounts, for convenience
Fixes to Existing Features
- Account Payable Report Calculation issue where Bill Pay Date was not used to filter the paid bills for a given Date Range. This is fixed now.