Release Date: Monday, June 11th, 2018
Enhancements made to our data import functionality
- Streamlined Import Process: Client-Matter and Matter Items have been segregated as two different imports to streamline the process of structured import. The user will now need to import Client-Matter first followed by other entities like WIP, Events, Task etc
- Trust Transactions Importing: Uncleared Trust Transactions now have the option of being pre-mapped with corresponding matters by initializing the Client/Matter with either CosmoLex Matter Index#/File#. The match settings can be configured during the import process under Import Settings. Note that this is only available when importing transactions in the form of Excel/CSV. QBO file import will continue as previously, and the matter will need to be mapped as usual.
- Operating Transactions Importing: Uncleared Operating Transactions now have the option of being pre-mapped with corresponding CosmoLex Chart Of Account when the Account column is initialized with respective Chart Of Account number. Note that this is only available when importing transactions in the form of Excel/CSV. QBO file import will continue as previously and the matter will need to be mapped as usual.
- The WIP and Accounts Receivable Import now provides a flexibility when bringing in Tax information either as Value or corresponding Fee % or Cost %. Import process allows the user to select ‘Tax Mode’ to specify if the supplied tax value should be treated as % or value. A new column ‘Total Amount’ in WIP and AR has been added to show total AR amount which is the sum of Fee, Cost, and Tax.
- When importing Task, Start Date is now optional.
- Misc fixes on Field Length issues in various entities
Fixes to existing features
- New Country Added: ‘Cayman Islands’ in Address Book/Contact/Client Management
- The Date Range for Client Trust Ledger/ Client General Ledger was not shown properly when prior transactions did not exist. This has been fixed.
- Zero retainer Balance showing on the invoice, experience by some users. This has been fixed.
- Error when uploading Document Assembly files when the name contained more than 64 characters. We now allow up to 255 characters.
Minor enhancements and fixes that make for a better every-day experience.
- Chat Messages: Soft delete has been implemented in the Chat messages to audit message in case of deletion.
- Duplicate Contact/Client names: now Allowed in CosmoLex as long as corresponding Client Id is different. We’ve received many requests for this! This is also being relaxed during Data Import for convenience.